Diver Launch and Recovery Systems (LARS)
Our launch and recovery systems (LARS) allow diving and ROV operations to be conducted from dynamically positioned (DP) vessels. The systems are fully transportable in suitably converted 20ft transport containers.
The hydraulic A-Frames and stainless steel diving cages have been specifically designed to provide robust operation to limit the amount of deck space needed. A standard system comprises a diver’s deployment A-Frame, two hydraulic man-riding winches, two-man dive basket and guide weight. Two independent hydraulic power units.
The units are also available with an air winch option and all are supplied complete with a full certification package.
All materials used are supplier certified grade 355 mild steel, and grade 316 marine grade stainless steel, all load testing and MPI, Eddy Current and Dye Pen tested, these tests are all done by industry certified third party lifting companies, a full certification package comes with each LARS frame and a Planned Maintenance System (PMS) schedule for individual components.
All lars can be galvanised and / or painted to client’s specification
Hydraulic Power Unit
There are two Hydraulic power packs so there is 100 % redundancy, WP 250 bar, flow rate 25 LPM , tank capacity 150 Ltrs, system working pressure 172 bar, motor power 15kw,
There is 1 x power box that houses all the electrical control components, the HPUs are interlocked so only one unit can be started at any one time all the hydraulic control valves operate in conjunction with the HPU that is online, there are upper limit switches on the guide wire to prevent the dive basket from going block to block with the frame pully, and a single emergency stop, each HPU has its own hour meter to keep track of running hours for PMS schedules. 2 x LED overhead lights are mounted on the A frame cross bar to illuminate the working area.
Umbilical Reel Details & Specification
- Safe working load: 2t
- Maximum outreach: Approx. 1000mm from front of base
- Width between arms: 1730mm (approx.)
- Height to top of main arm: Approx. 4600mm with arm extended
- Hanging points on arm: three off – 2 tonne SWL 1 x main basket 2 x for guide weight
- Overall dimensions frame fully open: 3000mm L x 2000mm W x 4500mm H
- Transport position closed: 3000mm L x 2000mm W x 1850mm H
- Overall weight: Approx. 1200kg tare, 3000kg gross
- Hydraulic winches: 2 x DSI man riding winches 1 x winch with 150mtr wire (guide weight) 1 x winch (main with 90m wire) 13mm dia anti-rotational wire rope
- Hydraulic oil: ISO hydraulic 46
- Two-man dive basket: 1200mm L x 1000mm W x 2500mm H
- Guide weight: 1520mm L x 250mm W x 325mm H